Welcome to the Writing Center!
The Writing Center provides tutoring to student writers and readers in all courses. Individualized help is available by appointment, drop-in, or e-mail. Writing Center services are available at two locations: the Classroom Building, Room C207, on the main campus, and Room U110 at the Elmira Academic and Workforce Development Center.
The Writing Center provides:
- Professional and peer tutors
- College Reading and Learning Association certified tutor training program
- Citation guides: APA, MLA, and Turabian
- Handouts and practice exercises
- Dictionaries, thesauruses, handbooks, citation guides, etc.
- Most Reading and English course textbooks
- Links to helpful Internet resources
- Dragon (voice to text software) and Kurzweil (text to speech software)
- Computers for word processing, searching the Internet, and using Library databases
- On-line assistance by e-mail
Phone: Main Campus 607-962-9454
Elmira Center 607-936-5510