Corning Community College is an approved testing site for CLEP and DANTES testing. These exams are administered through the Office of Admissions.
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES - for military personnel) provide students of any age with the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement through a program of exams in undergraduate college courses. The CLEP/DANTES exams can provide college credit for what students already know at a reduced cost.
CLEP Exam Policies
Before calling to register for a CLEP exam there are several things you need to know:
- If you simply want to take an exam without working toward a degree, you may do so. If you are working toward a degree, you will need to know which CLEP exam meets your degree requirements; therefore, please contact the school or institution granting your degree to assist you in determining which exam will be appropriate.
- There is information available regarding each exam, along with testing tips, at the website: www.collegeboard.com/clep. Study guides are available as a download for a fee. The "Official CLEP Study Guide" is available at bookstores and contains all of the study guides.
- CLEP exam dates are listed below. CCC administers all of the different exams in each session. You may take only one exam per session.
- The fees are $80.00 to CLEP (as of July 1, 2012), plus a $20.00 administration fee to CCC. Bring two separate personal checks (one made out to CLEP and the other made out to CCC). CLEP charges an additional $10.00 fee to process the optional essay for Freshman Composition, English Literature, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, and American Literature. English Composition with essay is not affected. If you will be taking an optional essay, arrange with Sheila Wilson to bring or mail the required fee, which must be paid to CLEP before the essay will be sent.
- Once you have determined which exam you would like to take, please contact Sheila Wilson (the quickest way is through email) firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call (607) 962-9478 to register. Call early as seating is limited."
- On the day of the exam: bring your fee and and two forms of ID - one must be a current government-issued picture ID, such as a Driver's License, passport, tribal card, or state or federal ID card. The second form of ID must have a signature (does not require a photo), such as a Social Security card, student or employee card, or a military ID. Pencils and scrap paper are provided. Do not bring calculators; they will be provided if your exam allows them.
CLEP Test Dates
DANTES exams are offered on an as needed basis. There is a $100.00 fee for these exams ($80.00 to DANTES and $20.00 to CCC). Space is limited; call for available dates and times.
If you have questions about CLEP or DANTES, please contact Sheila Wilson at 607-962-9478 or email@example.com.