Associate in Occupational Studies Degree, Career Program 69 credit hours**
Associate in Applied Science Degree, Career Program 69 credit hours**
What will students do in the program?
- Learn to analyze, estimate and communicate necessary repairs
- Develop business, safety and shop operation plans
- Acquire the skills necessary to weld, assemble, and spray any product
- Master safely handling various toxic and highly flammable materials
What kind of jobs will they get?
- General Auto Body Person
- Auto Body Mechanic
- Glass Installer
- Sheet Metal Fabricator
- Auto Body Painter
- Auto Body Electrician
- Frame person
Salary Range: $20,000 - $45,000+ *labor.ny.gov (10/4/11)
Types of Courses in the Program:
- Auto Body Fundamentals
- Welding & Cutting
- Automotive Lab I
- Auto Body I
- Automotive Chassis
- Chassis and Alignment Lab
- Auto Refinishing
- Minor Collision Repair
- Refinishing II
- Major Collision Repair
- Hazardous Communications
- Chemical Principles
What makes the Auto Body program at CCC so unique?
- CCC purchased its Auto Body curriculum from the Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair (I-CAR). So all CCC classes are I-CAR approved. Why is this important? With I-CAR, CCC students are trained on the latest technology, e.g. hybrids and electronic vehicles.
- CCC will prepare you to take the ASE and I-CAR exams to become ASE and I-CAR Certified.
- CCC is a PPG Automotive Coatings training facility and the very first school on the whole east coast to use PPG's environmentally-friendly water-based paint. As a training center for PPG, the students are trained with the absolute newest technology possible.
- By offering both an A.A.S. and an A.O.S. degree, CCC gives you the flexibility to choose your path to success.
- CCC is one of only a few colleges—and the only in this area—that offers a custom painting course.
- CCC has a state-of-the-art facility plus state-of-the-art curriculum.
Please Note: Not all courses are offered every semester, and some courses need to be completed before you take the following courses in a sequence. Please use the following links to investigate which courses are normally offered only once a year and which semester or if they are offered every semester to ensure that you complete your education in a timely manner.
Think Auto Body is just for cars? Think again!
As a graduate of CCC's Auto Body & Collision Repair program, you can take the skills you learn here to just about any industry. In addition to auto body repair, our grads work on bridges, helicopters, planes, and more!
According to CCC Auto Body Instructor Chris Blackwell, "All the skills we teach in Auto Body are really compatible to industry. For example, Skorski employs our graduates because they can paint, they can install glass, they can wire the dashboard, they know how to follow blueprints and inspect, they know how to measure, and they know how to weld and fabricate parts."
Not a Transfer Program.
Brad Cole, Associate Dean of Instruction, Mathematics, Physics, Technology and Engineering Science
607-962-9243 or NY & PA 800-358-7171, ext 9243