Associate in Applied Science, Career Program
What will students do in the program?
- Be able to use a CAD (Computer Aided Design) system for design and analysis of mechanical components and systems.
- Select and analyze materials.
- Analyze and solve mechanical problems.
- Communicate and understand technical terminology in the field.
- Understand and use project management skills including good oral communications and technical writing proficiency.
After 2 years, what kind of jobs can you get?
- Mechanical/CAD Technician, Process Technician, Detailer/Drafter, Designer
What kind of salary can you expect after 2 years?
Types of Courses in Program:
- Engineering Graphics
- CNC Programming
- Technical Mechanics
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Machine Design
- Strength of Materials
- Manufacturing Supervision
Yes, A student may transfer to a four year school to obtain a B.S. in Technology or related education.
Brad Cole, Associate Dean of Instruction, Mathematics, Physics, Technology and Engineering Science
607-962-9243 or NY & PA 800-358-7171, ext 9243