Contact: Tara Bauman
VA School Certifying Official
Student Administrative Services
1 Academic Drive
Corning, NY 14830
Just as you or your loved one served our country with pride, CCC is committed to serving you.
Our academic programs and services are designed to accommodate your schedule, location, and availability. Whether you want to begin your college career, restart your education, or get the skills you need to get the job you deserve, CCC provides an array of opportunities. CCC offers:
- Teaching excellence
- Small class sizes
- Academic credit for military training
- Direct access to faculty and support services
- Cultural and athletic activities
Academic Credit for Military or Other Training Programs
Credit for military or other training programs may be earned through any of the following means:
- Military course work;
- Non-collegiate institution-sponsored courses/workshops as recommended for credit by the American Council on Education;
- Coursework approved by the New York State Education Department or a CCC associate dean;
- CCC approved training programs offered through industry.
Wellness Requirement: Students with military training may receive transfer credit towards the wellness requirement (1 activity credit and 1 awareness credit) by submitting an official military transcript or a DD214 that reflects completion of basic training.
Credit for Prior Learning: This program acknowledges lifelong learning, including military credit, on-the-job training programs, exams (CLEP, DSST, etc.) and special assessment of life/work learning (portfolio) development.
- Eligible Veterans receive a 100% tuition benefit. Eligible Veterans are New York State residents discharged under honorable conditions from the U.S. Armed Forces and who are:
- Vietnam Veterans who served in Indochina between December 22, 1961 and May 7, 1975;
- Persian Gulf Veterans who served on or after August 2, 1990;
- Afghanistan Veterans who served during hostilities on or after September 11, 2001;
- Veterans of United States Armed Forces who served in hostilities that occurred after February 28, 1961 as evidenced by receipt of an Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Navy Expeditionary Medal or a Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal.
- Availability of GI Bill (CH. 33, CH. 30, CH. 1606, CH. 1607, and CH. 31) and Dependent Education Benefits (CH. 35.). Please consult the G.I. Bill website (www.gibill.va.gov) for eligibility requirements, payment rates, and additional information regarding VA benefits.
- Approved non-credit courses include: Real Estate Sales Person, Natural Gas Training, Certified Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide and Pharmacy Technician.
CCC Financial Aid Information for Veterans
Bath VA Information Session Presentation (2012)
Find answers to many common questions about the G.I. Bill:
- Complete online degree programs and courses accessible from the comfort of your home
- Multiple CCC locations throughout Steuben, Schuyler, and Chemung Counties
- Participation in CCC’s Veterans’ Association Student Club
- Personal assistance in filing for and obtaining benefits
- Free lunch celebrating Veterans’ Day
Military Records and Transcripts
Need your military records and transcripts? Contact the appropriate office listed below:
Resources for Veterans
CCC Courses Available in Bath, NY (Summer 2013)
Bath VA Medical Center (76 Veterans Ave, Bath, NY)
- Introductory Algebra - 91283 - MATH 1015 - 005 (4 credits)
Class 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. MTWR, July 08 - August 11, 2013
- Job Search Strategies - 91265 - CRPL 1020 - 001 (1 credit)
5:00 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. MW, May 28 - June 15, 2013
- Understanding Work Expectation - 91266 - CRPL 1030 - 001 (2 credits)
5:00 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. MW, July 8 - August 11, 2013
- First Year Experience - 91259 - FYEX 1000 - 005 (3 credits)
5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. MTWR, May 28 - June 30, 2013
- Eating Well - 91237 - WELL 1007 - 001 (1 credit)
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. T, July 8 - August 11, 2013
- Mind-Body Connection - 91236 - WELL 1201 - 001 (3 credits)
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. T, May 28 - August 11, 2013
Haverling High School (25 Ellas Street, Bath, NY)
To help us serve you better, please let us know which classes and programs interest you. (list of courses updated 2013-05-10)
May 20, June 3 and June 17 at 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Bath VA Medical Center, Hospital Lobby
May 28 at 4:00 p.m. (fourth Monday of the month)
Bath VA Medical Center, Building #92, Education Center
May 14 at 9:00 a.m. (second Tuesday of the month)
Bath VA Medical Center, Building #104, Section 1 Computer Lab