Do you know an individual who is dedicated, inspiring, and makes a difference every day?
SUNY Corning Community College will be hosting the 2019 Education Summit during Teacher Appreciation week. The Education Summit will convene teachers, administrators, policymakers, higher education officials, parents, and students to consider how our community can recruit and support the best educators for our regional schools!
As part of this larger event, SUNY CCC education students would like to honor and recognize outstanding educators. Please nominate outstanding educators, past or present from your district. A committee of students and faculty will select 5 outstanding educators to be recognized during the Education Summit at SUNY CCC.
Nominations may be submitted for any individual who works within or has worked in a school building. The nominations can be past or present employees. They should be individuals who have displayed the following criteria.
- Has inspire students and has made a difference.
- Is a skilled and dedicated educator.
- Has gained the respect and admiration of students, parents, community, and colleagues.
- Plays an active role in the community as well as in the school.
- Can be someone who is currently employed or has retired but left a trail of excellence.
We are asking each district to send no more then four nominations to our committee.
Outstanding Educator Recognition may be awarded to people in the following roles:
- Teachers (in any area or level)
- Teaching Assistants
- Teacher Aides
- One-on-One Aides
- Food Service Staff
- Bus Drivers
Please submit the nomination form (below) by April 23, 2019 and email a minimum of one recommendation letter for the person you nominate to Julie Dick, SUNY CCC Education Department Chair.