Bills, Cost and Payment

After registering for courses, students receive a bill electronically for tuition and fees, which will also indicate a payment due date. To be eligible for New York State tuition rates, submit the Certificate of Residence. Tuition and fees may be paid online, through the mail or in person by MasterCard, Visa, cash, check or money order. Checks should be made payable to Corning Community College.

If payment is not made by the due date, a one percent per month late fee will be charged to the student’s account. Students with delinquent accounts will be blocked from registering for future courses, and a hold will be placed on transcripts until all past due balances are paid in full. If action is necessary to enforce collection, all reasonable costs of collection, including attorney fees, will be charged to the student. Students should seek the personal attention of the staff in the Educational Planning Center if they have any questions or difficulties in making full payment by the payment due date.

Online Payment and Billing

Make payments and view your bill by accessing your account in MyCCC under:
My Banner > Student & Financial Aid > Student Account

Read Tips on Paying Your Bill (PDF) for more about Invoices, Payment Procedures, NYS Residency Credit, Financial Aid, Insurance, Explanation of Charges, and more.

Certificate of Residence

A Certificate of Residence qualifies students to pay the in-state tuition rate. Without a Certificate of Residence, the out-of-state tuition rate is also charged. To qualify for the in-state tuition rate, students must submit a Certificate of Residence issued by the county in which they reside.

To qualify for a Certificate of Residence, students must have lived in New York State for the past 12 months. Residency is verified by the county in which they have lived for the six months prior to attending college. If they have lived in more than one New York State county during those six months, verification from each county will be required. If a student moves to New York State from another state specifically to attend college, he/she does not qualify for the in-state tuition rate.

An application for the Certificate of Residence will be sent by the College at the appropriate time. Since each county follows its own procedures for issuing certificates, follow the procedures for the appropriate county as outlined on the back of the application form. Certificates must be on file within 30 days from the start of class. On the main campus, certificates may be completed in the Educational Planning Center. Note: the Certificate is valid for one academic year only; a new certificate is required for each academic year of attendance.

Installment Plan

The purpose of an installment plan is to help make college affordable. It allows students to spread their payments for tuition and fees over a four-month period. Students who wish to participate in the installment plan must complete financial aid applications and the Certificate of Residence to be eligible. There is a processing fee of $30. Students with delinquent accounts are ineligible for the installment plan. Questions about the installment plan may be directed to the Bursar's Office.

Emergency Loans

The purpose of an emergency loan is to provide a “bridge” for students who have financial needs at the beginning of a semester, while financial aid or other financial resources are being processed. These loans provide interim resources for necessary purchases, such as books and supplies. Students who wish to apply for an emergency loan must complete financial aid applications and the Certificate of Residence to be eligible. Students with delinquent accounts are ineligible. Questions about these loans may be directed to the Educational Planning Center.

Taxpayer Relief Act

Taxpayers may be eligible for tax credits based on payment of qualified tuition and related expenses to CCC. For further information concerning the American Opportunity Credit or Lifetime Learning tax credits, please contact the IRS or a tax consultant. Information is also available at the following website:

Refund of Tuition and Fees

If students drop courses within the first three weeks of classes, but do not completely withdraw from the College, they may be eligible for a refund of tuition and fees. Those who completely withdraw from classes may receive a partial refund of tuition and fees. The withdrawal date is determined by the date that the Educational Planning Center is officially notified of the withdrawal.

The following schedule illustrates the percentage to be refunded for completely withdrawing from the College:

Fall or Spring semester:

Week of Withdrawal Percentage
1st week 75%
2nd week 50%
3rd week 25%
4th week and after 0%

Winter semester:

Week of Withdrawal Percentage
1st week 75%
2nd week and after 0%

Summer semester:

Week of Withdrawal Percentage
1st week 75%
2nd week and after 0%

Amounts to be refunded shall first be credited to outstanding balances and to any loss or reduction of awards under financial aid assistance programs.

If students withdraw from a full-time course load, an administrative fee of $50 is charged to their account. If they withdraw from a part-time course load, a $25 fee will be charged. If students withdraw and still have financial obligations, their records (i.e., academic transcripts) will be held until those obligations are satisfied. Students who are dismissed from the College for other than academic reasons are not entitled to a refund.