We believe that learning transforms lives. By attending CCC, you are one step closer to becoming the person you're meant to be.
Your Next Steps ...
Below are links to information and resources to assist you with the enrollment process. If you need help, feel free to contact us.
- KNOW YOUR COLLEGE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (CID). Refer to your acceptance letter for this important number. You will need it to identify yourself for testing, financial aid, registering for courses, and more.
- DO YOU HAVE PRIOR TRANSFER CREDITS? If you are seeking credit for prior college courses, you will need to have official transcripts sent from the colleges you previously attended. Transcripts should be mailed to CCC Office of Admissions, 1 Academic Dr., Corning, NY 14830. Once an official transcript has been received, it will be evaluated for transfer credit. See our transfer credit guide for a sample of previously evaluated credits listed by college.
- DO YOU NEED TO TAKE AN ASSESSMENT TEST? After reviewing your high school transcripts and any college credits, your assessment testing will be determined. If you are required to take a placement test, please review our assessment page for important information and study materials.
- ARE YOU PLANNING TO LIVE ON CAMPUS? If planning to live on campus, you have to complete a Housing Contract and pay a non-refundable deposit. Information can be found on the CCC website.
- REGISTER FOR CLASSES. After you have completed any assessment testing and had all previous college credit evaluated for transfer credit, schedule an appointment to register for classes. If you have any questions, call the Office of Admissions at 607-962-9151.
- APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID. Find more information about paying for college and scholarships. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.gov. Our federal code is 002863. If you are a New York State resident, you should also do the Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) at Higher Education Services Corporation. Our NYS code is 2042.
- SUBMIT YOUR PRE-ENROLLMENT HEALTH FORM. All students taking six or more credit hours are required to complete a Pre-Enrollment Health Form regardless of age due to mandatory meningitis education. While the meningitis vaccine remains optional, the education is required. Further, if you are born after 12/31/1956 you are required to prove that you are not susceptible to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella by providing a complete and accurate vaccination record, doctor documented illness for measles and mumps only, or by positive serological testing.
- REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE. Please see the Public Safety page for additional information. Parking Permit Application.
- VISIT MYCCC: This is our College internal website. Sign in to your personalized account using your username and temporary password. If you do not have that information, call 607-962-9151. Sign into your college email, visit MyBanner/Student & Financial Aid and more.
- SIGN UP FOR ELLUCIAN GO: If you have a smartphone/mobile device, you can get quick access to some of your information in MyCCC (class schedule, events, campus contact information, etc.) through this app: iphone app android app
- NEW YORK STATE RESIDENTS: If you have been a New York State resident for at least ONE year, you will need to complete a Certificate of Residency form within 30 days of your first class. These are mailed to each student after they have registered for classes or can be picked up in the Educational Planning Center (Commons). This document must be notarized, and the requirements for each county are different, so please check the back of the form for your specific county.
- CLASS SCHEDULE and TEXTBOOKS: Know where your classes are located and who your instructors are. You can view this on your MyCCC under the STUDENT tab, Class Schedule. Know what textbooks you need by viewing MyBanner > Student & Financial Aid > Registration > Student Detail Schedule. It will show you the ISBN number, copyright, edition, etc.
- GET YOUR COLLEGE PHOTO ID: This may be obtained from the Student Life Office (Commons) in Corning at the Spencer Hill Campus or from the Greeter Desk in Elmira at the Academic Workforce Development Center (318 Madison Avenue). Please have photo ID with you.
- SIGN UP FOR THE BARON BASH ORIENTATION: Each semester the incoming students have a special orientation event with special speakers, giveaways, and more. Bring your schedule with you, and we'll show you where your classes are.
Contact us at email@example.com or 607-962-9151 if you need help with any of these steps.