CCC is contacted regularly by outside groups looking for volunteers for short & long term service opportunities. To best distribute this information, sign up for our listserv!
Although we all want to volunteer for altruistic reasons, it is human nature that we also need to "get something back" from a service experience. Service can be viewed as an exchange. As we give of our time and talents, we receive personal benefits as well.
Benefits of Serving
- Practice self discovery.
- Explore your values and place in the world.
- Expand your education by making connections between your classes and the "real world."
- Challenge yourself.
- Feel needed, connected and contributing.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with others while learning from them.
- Meet and make new friends.
- Foster deeper bonds with team members and friends.
- Lend a hand to those in need.
- Take and active part in your community.
- Make an impact on other's lives as well as your own.
- Help to combat social injustice.
- Build your resume with experiences that employers covet.
- Learn and develop job and interpersonal skills.
- Make career contacts and network.
- Explore new fields and interests with freedom.
- Gain future job experience.