This training is a dual certification program that prepares the students for Certified Nurse Aide and Home Health Aide examinations and job opportunities. The focus of the course is Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. The responsibilities include assisting the client with meeting the daily need for hygiene, ambulation, nutrition, elimination, comfort, safety, psychosocial and spiritual needs. The students will learn to function as members of the healthcare team.
- Training begins December 15 to January 17 (8:00am-4:00pm)
- 128 hours of Classroom and Clinical Instruction
- 4 days of clinical experience working in a facility
- To be held at the Business Development Center, Downtown Corning
- Prometric Certification Exam included in program
- 75% passage of theory is mandatory to participate in clinical and exam.
- Cost: $2047 Cost includes: Prometric exam, instructional fees, insurance, course syllabus binder, WorkKeys® assessment testing. Textbooks, materials, & supplies are separate. Ask about Available Funding!
- NEW: Receive professional coaching on resume writing/interviewing skills and get connected to healthcare employers and professionals
- Limited seats. Register today by calling 607-937-6881 or 607-936-7397.
- High school diploma or GED
- WorkKeys National Career Readiness Assessment; contact Dana LaFever at 607-937-6881 to schedule an exam on December 1, 2014, 9:00am to noon
- Physical completed by a physician on CCC's health form prior to the start of class
- Shot records: PPD, Tetanus, MMR, proof of chicken pox disease or vaccination
- Seasonal Flu vaccine
- Attendance at one of the information sessions included on at 9am on November 24 at the Business Development Center, 24 Denison Parkway West, Corning, or have made a prior appointment to meet individually to discuss requirements and pick-up mandatory health forms.
- Students are required to wear scrubs in the clinical setting.
- Uniforms can be any color except for blue.
- Uniforms must be clean and not wrinkled.
- Clean white leather shoes or sneakers must be worn (no clogs).
- Socks must be white.
- Stockings (knee highs) must be flesh tones / white.
- Name pin (which will be provided by CCC) is to be worn on right side of chest.
- Hair must be neat and clean; if long, pull securely back away from face, no loose wispy hair around face. Hair must not spring forward when the student bends forward. Men: sideburns, beards, and mustaches must be clean and trimmed close to the face.
- Jewelry: only wedding bands and small button or one pair small ball-type earrings may be worn in each ear. All other piercings must be removed. Tattoos must be covered.
- Watch that displays seconds
- Non-erasable ballpoint pen with black ink
- Students may not carry beepers or pagers in the clinical setting
- Lippincott’s text book: ISBN 1609137507 (available at bookstore for $55.00)
- Lippincott’s workbook: ISBN 9781451144284 (available at bookstore for $32.00)
|12/15 - 12/23||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||M-F|
|1/5 - 1/8||
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|1/9 - 1/14||
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|Th Test practice day|
|Sa Prometric Test|
Clinical hours may vary.
Room B001, Business Development Center, 24 W. Denison Parkway West, Corning, New York 14830