It is important to apply early for financial aid. Our priority date for the Fall semester is May 1 and for the Spring semester is October 1. If you have missed these dates, apply immediately! Follow the steps below to apply for federal and state financial aid:
- Go to www.pin.ed.gov to apply for your federal Personal Identification Number. You will use this to sign your FAFSA, complete loan documents, etc. Also, if you are a dependent student at least one parent must have a PIN, too.
- Go to www.fafsa.gov to complete your federal financial aid application. Our federal code is 002863.
- If you are a NYS resident, look for the link on the FAFSA confirmation page to apply for NYS grants. Our TAP code is 2042.
- Be sure to submit any additional documentation we may request once we receive the results of your FAFSA.
- Watch for your award letter and complete any additional requirements needed for payment of your awards. We will begin sending our award letters for the 2014-15 academic year mid-April.
Remember there are many factors that affect your financial aid such as your enrollment status (full-time or part-time), academic progress, etc. Be sure to ask questions if you don’t understand how these factors may affect your future eligibility.
Who should you contact if you need help? Student Administrative Services staff is ready to assist you with your financial aid applications and with any situation that might arise related to your financial aid status. We welcome your questions and are ready to provide you with complete information about the types of financial aid available, including College scholarships and other awards.
See below for types of financial aid, tips for transfer students with financial aid, and veterans information.
Do you need help filing your FAFSA?
It is recommended that students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. You can get more information about filing here. We also offer one-on-one help with filing your FAFSA, generally every Thursday by appointment only, in the Student Administrative Services area on the Spencer Hill Campus. Please call 607-962-9428 to schedule an appointment. Bring all required documents.
If you just need some tips on completing the FAFSA, watch this video: