When to Apply
It is important to apply early for financial aid. Our priority date for the Fall semester is May 1 and for the Spring semester is October 1. If you have missed these dates, apply immediately! You must reapply for financial aid every year.
How to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply for federal and state financial aid:
- Go to https://fsaid.ed.gov to apply for your FSA ID (username & password). You will use this to sign your FAFSA, complete loan documents, etc. Also, if you are a dependent student at least one parent must have a FSA ID, too.
- Go to www.fafsa.gov to complete your federal financial aid application. Our federal code is 002863.
- If you are a NYS resident, look for the link on the FAFSA confirmation page to apply for NYS grants. Our TAP code is 2042.
- Be sure to submit any additional documentation we may request once we receive the results of your FAFSA.
- Watch for your award letter and complete any additional requirements needed for payment of your awards. We will begin sending our award letters for the 2016-17 academic year mid-April.
Remember there are many factors that affect your financial aid such as your enrollment status (full-time or part-time), academic progress, etc. Be sure to ask questions if you don’t understand how these factors may affect your future eligibility.
Do you need help filing your FAFSA?
Who should you contact if you need help? Enrollment Advisors are ready to assist you with your financial aid applications and with any situation that might arise related to your financial aid status. We welcome your questions and are ready to provide you with complete information about the types of financial aid available, including College scholarships and other awards.
If you are going to be a CCC student and need help completing your FAFSA, sign up for a FAFSA workshop. After you sign in select the "Events" tab and change the first drop down box "Corning Community..." to "All Locations". All the available FAFSA Workshop Sessions will be listed, sign up for the day and time that is convenient for you.
If you are selected for verification, you and your spouse or parents must complete a Verification Worksheet and provide a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS if you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool at the time the FAFSA was completed. The Corning Community College Financial Aid Office will compare your FAFSA data to the verification documentation and will correct your application electronically if any data is incorrect. The verification process must be complete before any federal financial aid can be awarded.