Perry Hall

Residence Life Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for a room?

To start the process of reserving a room you would need to fill out the license to occupy and send it in along with a $250 non-refundable room deposit.

What can I bring to Perry Hall?

What to bring

  • Pillows, sheets (XL twin) and blanket for a XL twin bed (36”x80”)
  • Waterproof, allergy, etc. mattress protector for XL twin mattress
  • Towels, washcloths, toilet paper
  • Soap, shampoo and personal toiletries
  • First aid items and prescribed medications
  • Desk lamp, alarm clock, surge protectors, flashlight
  • Iron, ironing board, laundry soap, garbage bags
  • Hangers, laundry basket/bag
  • Driver’s license or non-driver ID

What to leave at home

  • Animals or pets of any kind
  • Candles/incense
  • Refrigerators exceeding 4.0 cubic feet
  • Multi-plug outlets or extension cords, unless they are UL approved and have a surge protector
  • Halogen lamps, black lights, lava lamps or other high-intensity lamps including torchiere lamps, spider lamps or any upward-facing bowl lamps
  • Space heaters or air conditioners.
  • Toasters, hot plates, coffee pots with exposed elements, George Forman style grills and Panini presses, sandwich makers, waffle irons, crock pots, oil fryers
  • No cooking appliances that use electricity or gas other than a small microwave
  • Flammable liquids and substances:  gasoline, kerosene, charcoal, lighter fluid, paint, etc.
  • Electric blankets
  • Electrically amplified instruments, including DJ equipment and drum sets
  • Alcoholic beverages (regardless of your age)
  • Kegs, alcohol cans/bottles (full or empty), beer pong tables, funnels, shot glasses or any other item affiliated with the consumption or possession of alcohol (including those beers designated “non-alcoholic”)
  • Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
  • Nails and foam-backed adhesive tape
  • Dart boards or darts of any kind
  • Weightlifting apparatus (barbells, free weights, exercise machines, pull up bars etc.)
  • Waterbeds, hot tubs, Jacuzzis, lofts, and any material that changes the intended purpose of the furniture including cinder blocks and platforms
  • Weapons of any kind, including firearms, paintball guns and equipment, BB guns, martial arts weapons, bows, box cutters, arrows, hunting knives
What types of payment do you accept for the deposit?

We accept credit card, check or money order made out to "CCC Housing Company, LLC" or cash (if you are dropping off the forms in person).

Is the meal plan required for residents?

Yes, the meal plan is required for students living in the dorm. The meal plan consists of 15 meals per week (when the hall is officially open). All-you-care-to-eat meals are available Mondays through Fridays in the College's main dining hall, which is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Students may also use 4 of the 15 meals on Saturdays and Sundays in the College's cafe, located in the Arthur A. Houghton, Jr. Library, which will be open for lunch and dinner on weekends.

Are the rooms furnished and if so what is provided in them?

Yes, the rooms are furnished. Each student will have a twin extra-long bed, a desk and desk chair and a two drawer stackable dresser. In addition each suite living room will have two settees and a coffee table.

What if I have a disability or medical issue that requires special housing accommodations?

Students who require special housing accommodations should contact the Student Disabilities Services Office to make sure we can assist with any special accommodations.