Alfred State Running Start
SUNY CCC and Alfred State have partnered to make sure students interested in earning a bachelor's degree in the following programs are prepared to seamlessly transfer.
- Business Administration
- Construction Management
- Criminal Justice
- Financial Planning
- Forensic Science
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Health Sciences
- Sports Management
- Human Services Management
- Mechatronics Technology
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Information Technology Applications Software Development
- Information Technology Network Development
- Information Technology Web Development
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
The Running Start Collaboration is for students who
- have completed SUNY CCC equivalent courses required in the first year of the Alfred State academic program in consultation with an Alfred State College Transfer Counselor*.
- have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for all courses taken
- are in good academic and disciplinary standing at SUNY CCC
Students enrolled in the Alfred State Running Start program and meet the above criteria are guaranteed admission into Alfred State College. Students who do not meet all of the above criteria will be evaluated for acceptance on a case-by-case basis. For more information, contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions at 607-962-9151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* For admission to specific majors, students will need to meet departmental admissions requirements found in the Alfred State catalog.
The guarantee of admission to Alfred State College will be honored for a two-year period after completing course work at SUNY CCC, provided the student does not register for courses at a third institution in the interim.
Students will NOT be penalized if they leave the agreement, transfer early, remain at SUNY CCC to complete an associate's degree, or apply to another institution.
BS - Mechanical Engineering Technology
A.A. degree in Mechanical Technology: CAD Design;
At least five of the 10 SUNY General Education categories fulfilled;
Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0;
Access to a computer that meets SUNY Alfred State's baseline requirements.
AAS - Veterinary Technology
Only courses with a grade of C or better will be accepted for transfer
Entry in the fall semester only. A minimum of 30 credits must be completed through Alfred State.