SUNY Pathways Scholarship
SUNY Pathways Scholars Award
The SUNY Pathways Scholars Award program helps students committed to completing their associate and bachelor’s degrees in two and four years, respectively.
Pathways Scholars will receive a total of $500 to use for non-tuition education related expenses during their first year: $250 at the start of semester one and, if they remain in good standing, an additional $250 at the start of semester two. Participants will also receive academic counseling, career guidance, and a network of wrap-around support programs. Upon completion of their associate degree and enrollment in a SUNY bachelor’s degree program, Pathways Scholars will receive an additional $1,000 for non-tuition education related expenses.
To qualify, students must:
- Have graduated from a NYS high school in 2020 with an average of at least 80%
- Enroll for the first time as a full-time student in an associate degree program at SUNY Corning Community College.
As a Pathways Scholar, I agree to:
- Enroll in an associate degree program and meet the academic requirements needed to graduate from SUNY Corning Community College in two years, with the intent to transfer or continue on to graduate with a bachelor’s degree from a SUNY college
- Meet with a Student Success Advisor once a month to track academic progress and meet with my major-based advisor each semester
- Review any early alerts and respond to outreach in a timely manner
- Attend transfer/career planning sessions each semester
- Participate in tutoring sessions if my GPA falls below 2.0, or if I am notified through my advisor, early alert, academic alert, or midterm alert
- Register for classes early to ensure I am able to meet curriculum requirements
- Contact my advisor before changing my course schedule or degree program
I understand: That if I do not fulfill the obligations above, I may not be eligible to be a SUNY Pathways Scholar. I understand that my chances of success are improved if I:
- Communicate with my academic advisor when I experience academic difficulty
- Monitor my progress regularly by checking Blackboard, Banner, or directly with my instructor
- Read my college email daily
- Conduct academic and business related tasks on time (e.g., scheduling appointments, resolving academic record issues, completing financial aid application/forms)
To apply for this scholarship, please complete this online application: