Certified Physical Therapy Aide (Online)
Become A Certified Physical Therapy Aide
Physical therapy aides work with physical therapists to provide a positive experience for patients undergoing physical therapy treatment. This 100% online course will teach you the concepts, skills and practices to become a certified physical therapy aide. Upon successful completion, students will be eligible to take the American Medical Certification Association's (AMCA) Physical Therapy Technician/Aide certification exam. The course also includes an externship starter kit with resources to secure a position as a physical therapy aide extern.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND/OR TO ENROLL
Job Outlook for Physical Therapy Aides
- Physical therapy professionals, especially physical therapy aides, are in high demand. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) lists physical therapy assistants and aides among its fastest-growing career areas.
- The BLS projects 27% growth in overall employment for physical therapy support positions between now and 2028. This is over five times faster than overall expected job growth.
- The BLS attributes the growth in demand for physical therapy to the aging Baby Boomer demographic. According to the BLS, Boomers are staying active later in life than previous generations commonly did. As a result, experts anticipate a surge in health concerns as the Boomers reach the age at which heart attacks, strokes and mobility-related injuries become common.
- Physical therapist aides earn around $27,000 per year, on average, according to BLS data. Pay rates for physical therapist aides can vary by location and the type of patients they serve.
- Those who work in nursing or skilled care facilities earn around $35,000 per year. Therapy aide jobs in the offices of physical, occupational and speech therapists and audiologists pay around $25,600 per year.
- Prepare to take and pass the AMCA Physical Therapy Technician/Aide certification exam
- Understand the role, responsibilities, and qualifications of the certified physical therapy aide in various healthcare settings
- Build knowledge of human anatomy, functional body movements, and system disorders as they relate to physical therapy
- Identify proper positioning, patient transfers, common exercises, modalities, and medical equipment
- Demonstrate ethical and legal behavior specific to healthcare settings
- Differentiate between tasks appropriate for a certified physical therapy aide and other healthcare professionals
There are no prerequisites to taking this course.