Grand Opening - Recovery Centers
Please join SUNY Corning Community College for the Grand Opening of the College's Collegiate Recovery Centers. On April 30, 2019, the celebration will be at the Academic and Workforce Development Center (318 Madison Ave., Elmira, N.Y. 14901). On May, 7, 2019, the campus will celebrate the opening on the Spencer Hill campus (1 Academic Dr., Corning, N.Y.).
A Collegiate Recovery Center is a designated space on a campus that supports students' decisions to choose, maintain, and grow in recovery while pursuing their educational goals. Students in eight SUNY CCC Health Education courses have collaborated in the creation, design, and programming for the CRC and these events. Both events are free and open to the community, with the following schedule planned.
- 10:30-11:30 Narcan Training Provided by Trinity CASA (limited space)
- 10-2 Peer Recovery Coaching
- 11:30-12 Music, Creative Arts, Coffee & Conversation
- 12:00 Grand Opening Welcome by SUNY CCC President, Dr. Kate Douglas
- Tara M. Fethers, Chief Program Officer- CASA Trinity East and SUNY CCC Student Advocates will also participate
- 12:45 -2:00 SUNY CCC Students in Recovery- Speaker Panel