Alfred University Early Childhood/Childhood Education
Complete this program and enjoy …
- a seamless transfer system: finish your associate’s at SUNY Corning and gain immediate access to an Alfred University Bachelor of Science degree program,
- field experiences in local schools, which help you develop skills and make contacts,
- initial certification from New York State*, so you can start teaching immediately,
- a modified tuition rate for Alfred University,
- access to financial aid from Alfred University.
A convenient opportunity for SUNY Corning students who are seeking bachelor’s degrees
and initial certification as Pre-K to Grade 6 teachers, the program consists of courses
in the education major, as well as courses that fulfill general education and concentration
requirements. As an enrolled student in the program, you will complete between 60
and 65 credits through Alfred University to earn your bachelor’s degree.
- Associate’s degree completed by the end of the semester preceding enrollment in the Alfred University degree completion program,
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75,
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in EDUC 230 and selected education courses completed at SUNY Corning.
More information on the Alfred University Center can be found by contacting Deb Flint, Alfred University’s program coordinator for University Center programs, at email@example.com or 607.871.2464.