Alfred University Early Childhood/Childhood Education
Complete this program and enjoy …
- a seamless transfer system: finish your associate’s at CCC and gain immediate access to the Alfred University bachelor’s degree
- field experiences in local schools, which help you develop skills and make contacts
- initial certification from New York State*, so you can start teaching immediately
- a modified tuition rate for Alfred University ($330 per credit)
- access to financial aid from Alfred University.
A convenient opportunity for CCC students who are seeking bachelor’s degrees and initial certification as Pre K to Grade 6 teachers, the program consists of courses specifically in the education major, as well as courses that fulfill general education and concentration requirements. As an enrolled student in the program, you will complete between 60 and 65 credits through Alfred University to earn their bachelor’s degrees.
- Associate’s degree completed by the end of the semester preceding enrollment in the Alfred University degree completion program
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.75
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in EDUC 230 and selected education courses completed at CCC
More information on Alfred University Center can be found here.