We hope you find the answer you're looking for below, but if not, please give us a call 607-962-9151 or email.

It is imperative that high school juniors considering early admission are academically and socially prepared for the challenges of college. You must discuss this with your high school guidance counselor, receive written approval from the guidance counselor or high school principal, and receive satisfactory scores on ability-to-benefit testing. There is a formal process for students to be considered. Every early application is reviewed by the Director of Admissions who makes the final admission decision.

High school students who enroll at CCC while completing requirements for their high school diploma are not eligible for any federal aid, including student loans. They may apply for New York State TAP awards if they enroll full-time and successfully complete ability-to-benefit testing.

Yes. You need to file a readmission application (no fee) if you are coming back full-time or if you previously graduated from a degree program and are returning part-time for a new degree.
Yes, each semester there are are deadlines for full or part-time students. Please call 607-962-9151 for specific dates. Transfer students and returning CCC students may register and be accepted up to the final registration period. However, we cannot guarantee class availability. We strongly recommend that you do not delay in submitting your application and requesting transcripts. Transfer students will not receive a registration appointment until your transfer credit has been evaluated. Any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at admissions@corning-cc.edu or 607-962-9151.
Once you have been admitted you will receive your acceptance letter. The letter will include a phone number to call to make an appointment for assessment testing, advising, and registration. An educational planner will work with you to help you choose courses, so there's no need to worry about making those decisions on your own.
The application process is easy. Simply fill out our online application for admission (or print and return) and have the high school and any colleges you have attended mail us official transcripts. If you have a GED, please provide us with a copy of your GED diploma or scores. You may stop by the Admissions Office, or call us at 607-962-9151 or 1-800-358-7171 for assistance.
Transfer Credit Credit-bearing transfer courses (at C level or above) may be accepted from any regionally accredited, candidate, or correspondent institution of higher education or NYS Education Department chartered degree-granting institution. There shall be no limit on the number of transfer credits accepted. However some programs have special requirements regarding transfer credit.  Please note that not all accepted transfer courses may apply to the program requirements that a student is registered in. If a transfer credit does not appear as accepted and the student earned a C or higher, the student will need to submit a course description to the Registrar's office. The course will be reviewed by the appropriate department to determine equivalency. Further information can be found in the SUNY CCC Catalog.
Colleges typically accept CCC credits, provided the credits fit into your intended program of study and you receive the minimum acceptable grade for the institution. Every college has its own requirements and the final decision on transfer credit acceptance is made by the institution to which you transfer. Our advisors will help you navigate the transfer process every step of the way.
If you have been accepted for the fall semester, you may be eligible for financial aid for the previous summer session.
Please contact an Educational Planner at 607-962-9875 with any questions pertaining to your eligibility for financial assistance. They will be happy to help you. If you are a newly admitted student, Financial Aid offers group sessions to assist with the Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA).

SUNY Corning Community College is ready, willing, and able to provide accommodations to students with disabilities.  If you self-identify as a student with a disability and register with Accessibility Services, we will work with you to determine reasonable accommodations to meet your needs. 

CCC is required to provide reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities under the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

For more information, please call Accessibility Services at 607-962-9262.

SUNY Corning Community College adheres to its legal responsibility to enforce The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). This federal law provides protections of your academic records, guarantees you access to your records, and requires written permission to have your records released.

After you have received a letter of acceptance, you will be asked to take a placement test for math and english. Your scores will determine your skill level. We will place you in courses at the appropriate skill level. If you need developmental course work, that is where you will be placed. We have a Math Learning Center as well as a Writing Center for tutoring and assistance outside of the classroom.

Keep in mind that Corning Community College has an extensive support network, and there are many people who are willing and able to assist you. Just ask, and you can be directed to the services you require.

All new students will initially register with an advisor. All admitted students are assigned a faculty advisor who can help you with questions or concerns once school starts. Also, the Enrollment Advisement Center staff are available to assist you.

Childcare Aware (607-535-6806)

Head Start (607-734-6208)

Chemung County Child Care Council (607-734-3941)

Bus service to the main campus is provided by several local companies. Details are also available at CCC’s Activities Office at 607-962-9245, or contact your local bus company directly.

Based on assessment, you may need to successfully complete some English and math courses. Keep in mind, SUNY CCC offers tutoring and has on-campus learning centers staffed with knowledgeable and helpful people who are ready to assist you in meeting your goals.

SUNY Corning Community College complies with all federal and state laws that ensure the well-being of our students. Get more details as well as other important information on the Consumer Information page.