Voter Registration

How do I register to Vote?

SUNY Corning Community College has 3 locations where you can pick up a voter registration form:

  • Spencer Hill Campus - Office of Public Safety, Lower Level Commons
  • Spencer Hill Campus - Student Life, Commons 202
  • Academic & Workforce Development Center at Elmira - Office of Public Safety, ELM024

Students can also register online to vote in NYS through the Department of Motor Vehicles. You need your most recent NYS DMV-issued driver's license, permit, or Non-Driver ID, the ZIP code currently on record with the DMV, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. Register to Vote Online Here!

Alternatively, you must complete and submit a voter registration form (English) or a voter registration form (Spanish), and submit it to the County Board of Elections where you plan to vote. Below are the addresses for our 3 counties of Board of Elections:

Chemung County:

378 So. Main Street
PO Box 588
Elmira, NY 

Phone: 607-737-5475
Fax: 607-737-5499

Schuyler County:

County Office Building
105 9th Street, Unit 13
Watkins Glen, NY 14891-9972

Phone: 607-535-8195
Fax: 607-535-8364

Steuben County:

3 E. Pulteney Square
Bath, NY 14810

Phone: 607-664-2260
Fax: 607-664-2376


Where do I find an absentee ballot?

If you are registered to vote at your permanent address and wish to request an absentee ballot to vote in your permanent home address's district in New York, you can download (English) or download (Spanish).


What if I live in a state other than New York?

Please visit the National Voter Registration Form.

How do I check my current registration status?

Don't know where you're registered to vote? Or if you're registered at all? You can use NYSVoter to check your registration status if you are a NYS Resident. Or you can use to find the local election office site in your home state.

It is best to check your registration as soon as possible in order to ensure you can vote on Election Day.

How do I find the address for my home county Board of Elections?

Where do I get a Voter Registration Form?

Voter registration forms are in the Student Life Office and the Offices of Public Safety at Spencer Hill and the Workforce & Academic Development Center at Elmira.

Forms are also available online:

Do I register to vote in Corning or in my hometown?

The place where you vote will be determined by the most recent voter registration form filed with the board of elections. You have a right to vote either at home or in Corning (only one location). You will need to decide the most appropriate place. Voting at home may be your preference if you and/or your family have an interest in voting for candidates that represent your home town.


What if I have more questions?

David Burdick, Director of Public Safety, is responsible for voter registration assistance at SUNY CCC. 

(607) 962-9000
Office of Public Safety, Lower Level Commons