Educational Opportunity Program
NOW ACCEPTING EOP APPLICATIONS
for Fall 2023
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) at SUNY Corning Community College helps to make higher education possible for students who demonstrate academic promise, but whose life circumstances have not permitted them to reach their full potential.
EOP at SUNY CCC helps you identify your strengths, meet the challenges of college, and be successful. EOP is designed to help break down the barriers to higher education and teach you to advocate for yourself and build community.
Program Services Provided
- Pre-freshman Summer Bridge Program
- Career counseling
- Academic advising
- Supplemental financial assistance
- Tutoring (group and individual)
- Social gatherings and workshops
- Meet the New York State residency requirement (12 months)
- Be a first semester, college freshman
- Have earned a High School Diploma or GED
- Attained a high school average in the range of 70-85
- Meet EOP economic eligibility requirements as outlined by New York State. Please see the following income eligibility requirements: https://www.suny.edu/attend/academics/eop/#income
- Demonstrate potential and motivation to complete a college program
- Apply to CCC
- Complete the FAFSA and Tap Applications
- Apply to EOP for academic eligibility
- Send your high school and/or college transcripts to email@example.com
- Once you are verified academically eligible by the CCC EOP Office, you will be invited to:
- Complete income verification through the Inceptia Gateway (open February 1, 2023)
- To prepare for the next step, begin gathering the following financial documentation
that will be uploaded to the Inceptia site.
- Financial Aid Tax Transcript (1040 tax form)
- Federal form 4506 verification of non-filing status (as applicable)
- Copy of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income Benefits (as applicable)
- Public Assistance/Department of Social Services Income Benefits (as applicable)
- Unemployment benefits/Disability benefits statement (as applicable)
- Notarized letters, statements of income received, or statement of unusual circumstances (as applicable)
- Applicants are encouraged to use the IRS retrieval process when completing the FAFSA application for Pell and request a Tax Transcript from the IRS for students and parents. To request a Tax Transcript: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
- Once verified for both income and academic eligibility, you will receive an EOP Welcome Letter and Intent to Participate Contract for you to complete.
- You must be available to attend the required Pre-freshman Summer Bridge from Monday, July 10-Friday, Aug 11, 2023. A schedule will be provided at the time of acceptance.
Mandatory EOP Pre-freshman Bridge
A comprehensive, 5-week, EOP Pre-Freshman Summer Program for our incoming first-time/first-year EOP students will tentatively run from Monday, July 10-August 11, 2023. All incoming first-time/first-year EOP students are required to attend and participate. The schedule will include both virtual and on-campus requirements. EOP candidates have the option to move in to Perry Hall early with required documentation, and all meals will be provided.
During the program, student participants will experience an introduction to the campus, departmental resources and the Corning campus community. Student participants will actively engage in learning components such as Math, Writing Composition, Computer Literacy and College Success Skills, as well as informative workshops, and enrichment activities. Students must successfully complete the summer program for acceptance into EOP.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-962-9393.