ACE Online Course Information
The ACE Online program is a separate program where high school students can take ACE
Online courses taught by SUNY CCC Instructors. These are separate courses than what
is offered at their high school.
Your High School Counselor will register you for your High School ACE courses. This Online Program is for high school students wanting to take additional courses not offered at their high school.
These courses are FREE in tuition for eligible high school students. Books and materials are the responsibility of the student.
What is ONLINE?
Online courses are taught through SUNY CCC’s online management system, Blackboard. Students will need to have a computer and internet access to complete these courses.
Some high schools have dedicated class time during the school day for the students to work on their online courses, but that is determined by the high school and the student’s schedule. These courses are set up as asynchronous so that the student can access them anytime of the day/night.
- Courses are Tuition free
- Books and supplies are the student’s responsibility and may be an extra cost
- Sections have a minimum of 15 students required in order to be offered
- Courses typically run on the same academic calendar as the high schools
- Fall 2020 – Starts 9/14/20 – 1/15/2021 (with a break week built in)
- Spring 2021 – Starts 2/8/2021-5/14/2021 (with a break week built in
(these dates are approximate for the 2020-2021 academic year)
- High school credit is determined by the student’s high school
- Students must complete the ONLINE Tutorial before class begins. This is located within their course. This must be started a week prior to the course beginning – approximate start date: 9/6/20
For Fall 2020- Registration is due by 8/28/2020
Registration is almost FULL - Email the ACE office by 9/4/20 if you are still interested in one of the ONLINE courses.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com or call (607)-962-9533.