Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions


A: Contact the Enrollment Advisement Center to get assistance with the FAFSA at  (607) 962-9875 or visit the office located in the front of the Commons.
A: The Financial Aid Office typically receives the results of your FAFSA within 7 business days.
A: Yes, your FAFSA needs to be received and processed in our financial aid office while you are still attending classes in the semester you plan on receiving financial aid.
A: No, you will need to complete and file a FAFSA once every academic year.  The earliest you can file a FAFSA is October 1 of the year prior to the start of the aid year for which you are seeking financial aid.
A: You can view your financial aid status in MyCorning.
·         Select "My Banner"
·         Select "Financial Aid"

A: Contact the Student Accounts Office with questions regarding your tuition bill at or (607) 962-9490.  They can assist with:


Certificate of Residence 

Refunds and BankMobile

Health Insurance Waiver

Payment Plan

A: Anytime you would like to make a change to your schedule you should ask the Enrollment Advisement Center at (607) 962-9875 or visit the office located in the Commons about how the change will affect your financial aid. 

A: TAP is a New York State grant for full time and part time students that are New York State residents.

A: To be eligible for TAP, you need to be a  New York State resident for at least 12 months prior to the beginning of the semester and be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours of coursework that directly fulfill your program requirements for part time tap and 12 credit hours towards your program requirements for full time tap.  A separate application is required to be considered for this grant. The application can be found at

A: If you would like to check the status of your TAP, you can log into your HESC account at


A: TAP funds typically come in approximately around the ninth or tenth week of classes.  This does not include break weeks.

A: Yes, a Federal Direct Loan is part of your Federal Financial Aid. The U.S. Department of Education is your lender.

A: No, you would not be eligible for financial aid until you have cleared your defaulted loan. Visit and log into for details and contact information regarding your outstanding loan(s).

A: After your FAFSA results have been received by CCC, you will receive an email when your aid eligibility has been determined.  Instructions on how to accept your financial aid can be found here Corning Financial Aid Forms

A: You can check the status of your loan in MyCorning:

Select "My Banner"

Select "Financial Aid"

If you have outstanding loan requirements there will be a link for outstanding "student requirements".  Select the link to view your outstanding requirements.                                 

A: The date you will actually receive your loan will depend on when you applied and completed all the paperwork required but no earlier than the fifth week of the semester.  When your loan has disbursed to your account an email is sent to
your CCC email from the Financial Aid Office. If you have any questions, we encourage you to contact the Enrollment Advisement Center at (607) 962-9875 or

A: Yes, you can accept your student loan up until 2 weeks before the semester is over as long as you are still attending at least 6 credit hours. Contact the Enrollment Advisement Center at, (607) 962-9875 or
visit the office located in the Commons for information on how to do this.

A: You complete the Master Promissory Note at  You will need your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) to log in and sign the MPN (Your
FSA ID is the username and password you used to electronically sign your FAFSA). Review the “Financial Aid Checklist”

A: You complete Entrance Counseling at You will need
your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) to log in. Review the “Financial Aid Checklist”. 

A: The verification process is designed by the U.S. Department of Education to assure that the student has reported all information correctly on the FAFSA and will receive all of the aid for which he or she is eligible.

A: Corning Community College Development Foundation offers many scholarships.  Here is a list of Existing Scholarships

Application can also be found on the Existing Scholarship page.  Deadline for these scholarships is typically April 1st.   There are often opportunities after that deadline in cases where there are no applicants for a particular scholarship.  Please reach out to the Development Foundation for additional information at 607-962-9458.