When to Apply
It is important to apply early for financial aid. Our priority date for the Fall semester is May 1 and for the Spring semester is October 1. If you have missed these dates, apply immediately. You must reapply for financial aid every year.
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the steps below to apply for federal and state financial aid:
- Go to https://fsaid.ed.gov to apply for your FSA ID (username & password). You will use this to sign your FAFSA, complete loan documents, etc. Also, if you are a dependent student at least one parent must have a FSA ID, too.
- Go to www.fafsa.gov to complete your federal financial aid application. Our federal code is 002863.
- If you are a NYS resident, look for the link on the FAFSA confirmation page to apply for NYS grants. Our TAP code is 2042.
- Be sure to submit any additional documentation we may request once we receive the results of your FAFSA.
- Watch for your award letter and complete any additional requirements needed for payment of your awards.
Remember there are many factors that affect your financial aid such as your enrollment status (full-time or part-time), academic progress, etc. Be sure to ask questions if you don’t understand how these factors may affect your future eligibility.
DO YOU NEED HELP FILING YOUR FAFSA?
Educational Planners are ready to assist you with questions you may have when filing your FAFSA and with any situation that might arise related to your financial aid status. We welcome your questions and are ready to provide you with complete information about the types of financial aid available, including College scholarships and other awards.