Alfred University Masters in Education Literacy
Complete this program and enjoy …
- a convenient opportunity for full-time, employed teachers in the Corning area to earn professional certification
- newfound skills that empower you to infuse literacy strategies into instructional activities at any grade level or in any content area
- field experiences, which help you put your newfound skills to use
- a 1-week required residency during the summer on Alfred University’s campus, during which you are empowered to focus completely on your educational goals
- a modified tuition rate for Alfred University ($330 per credit)
- access to financial aid from Alfred University
A convenient opportunity, the MSEd in Literacy is a professional certification program for teachers who hold the initial certification in any teaching area. The program consists of a 30-credit, 9-course sequence that may be completed in 2 regular semesters and 1 summer. As a student in the program, you will have the opportunity to employ the professional responsibilities of a literacy specialist, including practical applications of current reading approaches, strategies, materials, methodologies, goal assessment, techniques, and evaluation. The MSEd in Literacy leads to initial certification in Birth through Grades 6 Literacy and meets the requirements for professional certification in your initial certification area.
More information on Alfred University Center can be found here.