Alfred University Master's in Education Literacy
Complete this program and enjoy …
- almost all classes occur on Saturdays, making this an excellent opportunity for full-time, employed teachers in the Corning area to earn professional certification,
- newfound skills that empower you to infuse literacy strategies into instructional activities at any grade level or in any content area,
- field experiences, which help you put your newfound skills to use,
- a 1-week required residency during the summer on Alfred University’s campus, during which you are empowered to focus completely on your educational goals,
- a modified tuition rate for Alfred University,
- access to financial aid from Alfred University.
The MSEd in Literacy leads to initial certification in Birth through Grades 6 Literacy and meets the requirements for professional certification in your initial certification area. While the degree is in literacy, the focus of the program is preparing teachers to infuse literacy strategies into instructional activities at any grade level or in any content area.
The program consists of a 30-credit, 9-course sequence that may be completed in 2
regular semesters and 1 summer (one calendar year). As a student in the program, you
will have the opportunity to employ the professional responsibilities of a literacy
specialist, including practical applications of current reading approaches, strategies,
materials, methodologies, goal assessment, techniques, and evaluation.
More information on the Alfred University Center can be found by contacting Deb Flint, Alfred University’s program coordinator for University Center programs, at email@example.com or 607.871.2464.