Alfred University Master’s in Education in Inclusive and Special Education
Complete this program and enjoy …
- almost all classes occur on Saturdays, making this an excellent opportunity for full-time, employed teachers in the Corning area to earn professional certification,
- newfound skills that empower you to infuse literacy strategies into instructional activities at any grade level or in any content area,
- field experiences, which help you put your newfound skills to use,
- a 1-week required residency during the summer on Alfred University’s campus, during which you are empowered to focus completely on your educational goals,
- a modified tuition rate for Alfred University,
- access to financial aid from Alfred University.
The MSEd in Inclusive & Special Education leads to initial certification in Students with Disabilities (All Grades) and meets the requirements for professional certification in a student’s initial certification area. The focus of this program is on Inclusive Education, with students with disabilities spending as much time as possible in the general education classroom, with supports and services. The curriculum focuses on ALL students receiving universal design for learning and differentiated instruction in the most accommodating way.
The program consists of a 33 credit, 11 course sequence that may be completed in one
calendar year and is ideal for full-time teachers.
More information on the Alfred University Center can be found by contacting Deb Flint, Alfred University’s program coordinator for University Center programs, at email@example.com or 607.871.2464.