Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Online)
When you train with SUNY Corning Community College you can be prepared for a successful career as a medical assistant in just 4 months. The healthcare industry is growing rapidly and the U.S. Department of Labor estimates that the medical assistant field will grow by 29%, or over 184,000 jobs, by 2026.* The medical assistant career path offers several benefits.
Become a Medical Assistant to:
- Help people – You can work in a field that focuses on helping people and making a difference with their health every day.
- Earn competitive salaries and benefits – Medical assistants enjoy competitive salaries as well as the potential for traditional employment benefits.
- Have one of the top 20 best jobs – A job as a medical assistant ranks number 18 in best healthcare support jobs in the U.S.
Choose our training for:
- Certification preparation – Our online Medical Assistant program prepares you to take the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) industry certification exam offered through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
- Comprehensive support – We offer you the flexibility of online training in addition to the assurance of experienced, one-on-one support.
- Access to Career Advisors – After completing your course, Career Advisors are available to help you turn your training into a career by providing resume help, interview advice and job search tips.
A 130-hour Clinical Externship, which covers patient care, medical office administration, phlebotomy, and EKG is included with the course.
- at least 18 years of age
- a high school diploma or equivalency
To learn more about our Medical Assistant program, or to sign up visit https://partner.careerstep.com/corningcc/medical-assistant-externship.