SUNY CCC’s Welding Technology Program provides the theoretical and practical experience necessary to develop basic foundational welding skills. The curriculum was designed to meet regional employer needs and meets the minimum skill standards established by the American Welding Society (AWS) for entry-level welders and allows students to obtain their SENSE certification.
The objective of our program is to train students to apply the necessary skills and competencies required to handle welding equipment associated with the various methods of welding, cutting, and fabricating metals; as well as interpreting blueprints, drawings, weld symbols, and written work orders. Students will be able to execute fillet and groove welds in the flat and vertical positions in accordance with AWS D 1.1, D1.2, D1.3 and D1.6 standards. Graduates of our program will be prepared for entry-level welding positions.
Personal qualities desirable in a welder include mechanical ability, preciseness, good problem solving skills, and creativity. A welder must be in good physical condition and be able to stand, stoop, kneel, bend, and work in confined spaces. Good eyesight, with the ability to see at close range is necessary. The ability to work in a team is a must, but a welder must also be able to work independently.
Our Program offers instruction in:
- SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, and Flux Core Welding on Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum
- Thermal Cutting—Plasma and Oxy-Propylene
- Math for Welders , Blueprint Reading, Welding Symbols
- Welding Safety
- Weld Discontinuities
- Non-destructive Testing
- Metal Fabrication
This non-credit program consists of 450 hours of classroom instruction and hands-on-training including qualification testing for nationally recognized American Welding Society Certifications. Successful students will have passed the following:
- OSHA 10 Safety Training
- AWS Qualification Tests D1.1, D1.2, D 1.3, and D1.6 on carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum
- ASME IX
- High School Diploma or GED
- Attend an Information Session and an Interview (Please email email@example.com or call (607) 936-5501 sign up!)
- Pass a Basic Industry Math Test
- Commit to attend all program sessions—daily attendance in this program is mandatory.
Cost: $7495.00* plus texts and equipment
To sign up for the mandatory information session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (607) 936-5501.
Looking for funding options? Click here to view non-credit funding options!