Certified Dementia Practitioner
This course places students on the path to become a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP). This is the required seminar for those working in the healthcare industry or human services field who are interested in learning more about working with individuals with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease and their caregivers, especially health care/human services professionals and front-line staff working with aging individuals. The CDP application will be provided in class and students will have 30 days to submit the application to the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP).
The modules include:
- Introduction to Dementia; Diagnosis, Prognosis and Treatment
- Communication and Feelings
- Depression and Repetitive Behaviors
- Paranoia, Hallucinations, Wandering and Hoarding
- Aggressive Behaviors and Catastrophic Reactions
- Intimacy and Sexuality
- Personal Care
- Staff and Family Support
- Spiritual Care and End of Life
- GED or High School Diploma
- Must have current license or certification in your health care field.
- Must have completed at minimum, a 7-hour seminar that has been approved by NCCDP on Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia. The SUNY CCC course meets this requirement.
Continuing Education: This course is equal to 8 continuing education hours.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com or call (607) 936-5501.