Conducting Legal Workplace Investigations
A poorly conducted internal investigation can damage a company’s reputation and hold them financially liable with fines, penalties and settlements. For professionals in Human Resources, Security, Small Business Owners, and other positions tasked with conducting these investigations, training is critical.
This course is designed to train managers and supervisors the legal and proper techniques in conducting an internal workplace investigation. Learn the basics of how to gather a statement of complaint, identify witnesses, gather evidence, conduct witness interviews, fact-finding, document, report writing and communication follow-up
- Common types of internal investigations
- Legal obligations related to internal investigations
- Information gathering and physical evidence prior to witness interviewing
- Question prep for witness interviews and selecting appropriate interviewing locations
- Standard format and procedures for documenting investigative findings
- Disciplinary action best practices
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (607) 936-5501.