Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) Quality Standards Transition
This is an advanced session of GD&T. The basics will be briefly reviewed, followed by covering datums (planar, features of size) and location methods. The schedule is dependent upon attendee need and may include different topics as requested.
- Review Chapters 1-3
- What is an engineering drawing?
- The advantages of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing over Coordinate Tolerancing
- Basic concepts: features, feature of sizes (FOS), material conditions (MMC, LMC, RFS), Rule # 1 and 2
- Datums: planar, axis, centerplane
- Datum feature simulators
- Tolerance of Position (TOP) applications
- Runout vs Concentricity, (include demonstrations) – what should I use?
- Observe a variety of inspection tools (Vernier’s, micrometers, calipers, CMM, electronic height gauges, optical comparator) to measure FOS dimensions
Email email@example.com or call 607-936-5501 for more information on upcoming dates or opportunities for your corporate training needs!