Introduction to Grant Writing
The ability to secure grants and other funding opportunities is critical to the success of organizations across many industries. With the right planning and processes, ideas can grow into successful programs, and projects can turn into organizations, but it all starts with an application or proposal. For to many, the process of writing grants or proposals is a daunting mystery. Missed opportunities and/or poorly executed proposals lead to continued frustration or rejection. In other cases, well-crafted proposals end up with the wrong “funder” and go nowhere.
In this three-part workshop series participants will:
- develop an understanding of grants and other funding opportunities
- develop applications and proposals that will meet the funding priorities and guidelines, thus increasing their chances of getting funded
- develop a step-by-step approach to identifying and evaluating funding opportunities
- prepare for, plan, and develop a proposal that is consistent with each funder’s goals
- examine each component of the proposal
- learn how to write and plan strategies that will help each proposal to be competitive
An interactive format will be used, and some optional assignments will be utilized to help reinforce the strategies covered. When possible, participants are encouraged to bring funding ideas or projects on which they are currently working, as some opportunity for feedback may be available.
Wednesdays, March 1st, March 8th & March 15th, 2023
5:30pm - 8:30pm
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
Email email@example.com or call 607-936-5501 for more information on upcoming dates or opportunities for your corporate training needs!
Businesses in Chemung, Schuyler and Steuben interested in seeking funding to send promising leaders from their organizations to this training should contact Julie Elliott, CSS Workforce NY, Senior Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Instructor: Emily Marino