Introduction to Project Management
Project management is a proven method to meet cost, resource and scheduling variables in all industries and roles. A successful project requires understanding and implementing a mix of skill sets and tools. In this two-day training course, you are provided with an introduction to the principles of the project management process from planning to execution, as well as learning how to apply these principles to real projects within your organization.
Learning Outcomes - Upon course completion:
• You will have a solid understanding of project management principles, from ideation,
organization, management to final project delivery.
• You will have an increased understanding of establishing high performing teams, and how
to best communicate with stakeholders / sponsors.
• You will gain awareness of common project challenges (personnel, budget, scope
creep, growing complexity) and how to mitigate them.
• You will learn how to quantify project progress and end result to show value to
• You will bring your own potential / or actual planned projects to the class for
discussion. They will draft problem statements, prepare a scope and draft a project charter.
• You will draft a problem statement, scope, and charter using a provided template.
• You will provide a short, introductory presentation of their planned projects for class
• You will obtain resources and ideas for continued learning.
Next Training Offering:
Wednesdays, February 28th, 2024 - March 20th, 2024
Time: 9am - 12pm
Corning Community College Airport Corporate Park Campus
360 Daniel Zenker Drive, Horseheads, NY 14845
Businesses in Chemung, Schuyler and Steuben interested in seeking funding to send promising leaders from their organizations to this training should contact CSS Workforce NY at 607-937-8337.
SUNY Corning Community College is committed to ensuring equal access to students with disabilities. If you believe that you will need accommodations while taking this course, please contact Accessibility Services by phone 607-962-9262 or email Accessibility@corning-cc.edu to begin the process of requesting accommodations. We strive to coordinate accommodations in a timely manner, but some accommodations may not be available when you need them if you do not give timely notice.