New York State law requires registration and training of security guards in the state. The DCJS Office of Public Safety provides administrative oversight for mandated security training and approves security guard training schools. The New York State Department of State Division of Licensing Services has oversight responsibility for the registration of all security guards. SUNY Corning Community College will provide the mandatory courses for security guard training, including the 8-hour Pre-Assignment Training course, the 16-hour On-the-Job Training course and the 8-hour In-service Training Course.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age
- Successfully completed an 8-hour pre-assignment training course
- No convictions of a serious criminal offense
- Must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States.
For registration as a security guard, applicants must include the following:
- the completed, signed application
- copy of certificate showing completion of an 8-hour pre-assignment course;- signed DMV consent form
- receipt that provides proof of fingerprint completion
- $36.00 fee payable to the NYS Department of State
- any additional documentation requested in response to specific questions on the application form; and if employment will commence with filing of the application, the Notice of Employment section must be completed by your employer.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com or call (607) 936-5501.