Certificate of Residency

To qualify for in-state tuition rate, (FREE for ACE students) New York State students are required, by NYS Education Law, to submit a Certificate of Residence (COR) once each year to the SUNY CCC Student Accounts office indicating that you have been a legal resident of New York State for 1 year and of a county for 6 months. A certificate of residence from your home county is the only proof of residence that allows you to pay the in-state tuition rate (FREE for ACE).

To continue to offer the ACE courses for FREE, it is required that the Certificate of Residence application be submitted to your county.  

New York counties will issue certificates any time between (a) two months prior to the student’s registration date (not the start of classes) and (b) 30 days after the start of classes. Counties are permitted by law to refuse COR applications after the 30th day of the semester, and many counties adhere to this deadline with NO EXCEPTIONS.

If the Certificate is not received by the due date of your county (typically within the first 30 days), their will be a non-resident fee billed to the student. This fee is $153/cr hr and capped at 12 credit hours. A HOLD will be placed on the student's account until the fee is paid or the county has issued the certificate of residency. 

If you live in Steuben, Chemung or Schuyler County - select your county and follow the directions to submit your notarized COR application to the ACE office.

Steuben County Directions
Chemung County Directions
Schuyler County Directions

                                      SUNY CCC's ACE Certificate of Residence Application

All other counties follow the steps below:

Click on this link to find the county you live in and follow their instructions for submitting the Certificate of Residency application.


Step 1.  Follow the instructions for your county to complete an application. Some of the counties have their own applications, and some allow you to use the college's standard application.  (see above for CCC's ACE Certificate of Residency application).

Step 2.   Submit your application to your county per the instructions for your county.  

Step 4.  Check your student account (My CCC/My Banner/Student & Financial Aid/Student Account/Online Payment & Billings/Transactions) 2 weeks after submitting your application to the county.  If the non-resident tuition fee has not yet been credited to your student account, follow up with the county to ensure that a COR has been issued and sent to the college.  

  • If you need your Login information to MyCorning please contact the ACE office at 607-962-9491 or 607-962-9533.

If the County returns the Certificate to you - please submit the actual certificate issued by your county (NOT THE APPLICATION) to Student Accounts in person or via:

Email:   COR@corning-cc.edu

Mail:     SUNY Corning Community College
             Attn: Student Accounts
             1 Academic Drive
             Corning, NY 14830

(Important: keep copies of all documents that you submit for your records.)

Waivers can be obtained for those students residing in NY who have not lived in NY state for at least a year – please email ace@corning-cc.edu for more information. PA students are also waived from the NY requirement.